Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Facebook...The Distraction Network

Over the weekend (and a few glasses of sangria) my husband and I came to a conclusion:  Facebook is a distraction.

I know that some of you may not agree but just here me out.  What does one really do on facebook? constantly checking updates of your 'friends' or seeing who has responded or either liked an update you posted. 

Accepting friend requests from ppl you went to grades school, middle school and high school; some of which you really weren't cool with when you were in these places anyway. 

Then there are the games such as mob wars, mafia wars, farmville or whatever is out there, perfecting make believe societies, earning make believe money.

Then there are those lovely inbox notices from those 'friends' of yours who are promoters (That really annoys me, b/c my slight OCD makes me check the messages just to get rid of that red balloon on the screen.)

Then you have those brave soul who engage in cyber beef.  I mean I'm bold as brass when I need to be.  I'm known for having a mouth.  If I have something to say to you I'm going to say it TO YOU!  Not via status update and be passive aggressive about it. 

Then there's that whole unfriending business which seems to be the ultimate diss these days.

And what does this amount to?  A bunch of nothing.  You've spent time on a site distracting you from whatever it is you could be doing.

But then again this is just my POV.  I would like to know what anyone else thinks...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! I have ppl asking to be 'friends' who don't even bother to introduce themselves. if you ask mde I think that's rude.

SebineDareau: said...

I agree Claudia...It's one of the reasons I don't have it anymore.