Monday, November 08, 2010

Booksi of The Week

I have a new booski and his name is Kero One :)

Anyone who knows me knows I have a new booski just about every week.  They are frequent like my changing of underwear but I think I found true love this time.

His name is Kero One and his a Korean Rap Artist.

I was put onto K-pop earlier this year by my cousin, Renee.  I am a total Big Bang fan, TOP being my fave because he is just so damn silly but has such a serious swagger.  When he actually crip walked in his music video, Turn It Up Now I thought I almost died.  My husband just said "Wow, that's a gangsta asian."

Don't even get me started on his appearence in Se7en's video, Digital Bounce.

Next up is Taeyang, mainly because he has an intense love for Jesus and not for nothing, the easiest way into my heart is to love The Lord like I do.  Then he plays the piano, I find that incredibly sexy. The beginning of his video Wedding Dress ...*fans self* Yeah, it's just that serious. But he's veritcally challenged.  Thats a big downer.  You can't be short like I am.  That won't work.

Either way with ALL the love I have for K-pop, if you take a gander at each video, you'd be hard pressed to find a non-asain woman in any of them.  The only exception was in TOP's vid.  The chick he acted like he was playing the piano on was in fact white (I have my own theories on why that is but anyway...).

Now enter Kero One...Yeah man not only rhymes in English but has a plethora of non-asain women in his video, On Bended Knee.  The first chick is light skinned black, then there were two white chicks, and then an old asain couple who were clearly still making it do what it do in the love department.  But in the end he went home to his woman who was a dark skinned sista! 

Big ups to him for showing love can exist outside of the boundaries scoiety has tried to place on us.  You find love where you find it.  Whether the person is white, black, green, or purple with orange polka dots.

Not to mention that he can actually rhyme.

So to my BOOSKI of the WEEK:  Here's to you Kero One!

No comments: