Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Evolution of Robin Thicke


I have known about Robin Thicke since his debut single When I Get You Alone in 2002. After not really hearing him in the main stream, I kind of forgot about him...until recently. My husband (thank you baby!) told me about the new Thicke video 'Lost w/o U' featuring his wife (yes, he's married and has been with her for 12 years) Paula Patton (her resume includes the movies Idlewild and Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. Apparently Robin has a bit of a brown sugar craving, if you know what I mean ;)) I looked the video up on YouTube, and once I saw it, I was hooked! I bought his new album, The Evolution of Robin Thicke, the very next day and I have to tell you, this joint is off the chain! From beginning to end, I listened to every song and didn't feel compelled to forward on to the next track. How many CD's can we say that about? It's soulful, it's sexy, it's incredible! I loved it!

Lost w/o U is one of my favorite tracks, but so is All Night Long, Ask Myself, I Need Love, Shooter , Got 2 Be Down and (Lawd forgive the man for naming this track this) Cocaine. But so are track Complicated, Everything I Can't Have, Wanna Love You Girl, and Can You Believe. Dammit, the whole album is hot! All 16 tracks! So, if you are a major R&B buff like I am, I go buy it the album! You won't be disappointed!



Here is the Lost Without U video


P.S. Here is another bit of randomness for the week... I'm a normal girl





You Are a Normal Girl



You are 40% Good and 60% Bad

Sure you've pulled some bad girl stunts in your past.

But these days, you're (mostly) a good girl.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Found you randomly on line. But i want to encourage you to keep writing. I love your blog space so far!!